- Berazneva, Julia, and Tanya S. Byker. 2017. “Does Forest Loss Increase Human Disease? Evidence from Nigeria.” American Economic Review P&P 107(5): 516-21. [link]
- Güereña, David, Henry Neufeldt, Julia Berazneva, and Sam Duby. 2015. “Water Hyacinth Control in Lake Victoria: Transforming an Ecological Catastrophe into Economic, Social, and Environmental Benefits.” Sustainable Production and Consumption 3: 59-69.
- Berazneva, Julia. 2014. “Audio Recording of Household Interviews to Ensure Data Quality.” Journal of International Development 26(2): 290-296. [pdf] [blog]
- Berazneva, Julia, and David R. Lee. 2013. “Explaining the African Food Riots of 2007- 2008: An Empirical Analysis.” Food Policy 39: 28–39. [pdf]
- Lee, David R., Julia Berazneva, and Muna Ndulo. 2011. “Africa’s Dual Crises: The Food and Financial Crises and Their Effects in Sub-Saharan Africa—Introduction and Overview.” In The Food and Financial Crises in Sub-Saharan Africa: Origins, Impacts and Policy, ed. David R. Lee and Muna Ndulo. Wallingford, Oxfordshire and Cambridge, MA: CABI.
- Brodman, Janice, and Julia Berazneva. 2007. “Transforming Opportunities for Women Entrepreneurs.” Information Technologies & International Development 4(2): 3–10.
- Berazneva, Julia, Linden McBride, Megan Sheahan, and David Güereña. 2017. “Empirical Assessment of Subjective and Objective Soil Fertility Metrics in East Africa: Implications for Researchers and Policy Makers.” Revise and Resubmit. [pdf]
- Berazneva, Julia, Jon Conrad, David Güereña, Johannes Lehmann, and Dominic Woolf. 2017. “Agricultural Productivity and Soil Carbon Dynamics: A Bioeconomic Model.” Revise and Resubmit.
- Berazneva, Julia, David R. Lee, Frank Place, and George Jakubson. 2017. “Allocation and Valuation of Non-marketed Crop Residues in Smallholder Agriculture: The Case of Maize Residues in Western Kenya.” Submitted.
- Murphy, David, Julia Berazneva, and David R. Lee. 2016. “Fuelwood Source Substitution and Shadow Prices in Western Kenya.” Submitted.
- Berazneva, Julia, Dominic Woolf, and David R. Lee. 2016. “Small-scale Bioenergy Production in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Role of Feedstock Provision in Economic Viability.” In preparation.
Research in Progress
“Forest Loss, Malaria and Children’s Health and Education Outcomes in Nigeria” with Tanya Byker.
“Do Yields Drive Soil Fertility Perceptions?” with Leah Bevis and Emilia Tjernström.
“Trees and the Ecosystem Services They Provide: Impacts on Small Farms in Kenya” with David R. Lee.